You can easily get Laos visa on arrival in most border crossings and all Lao International airports.
Here are simple steps to help you get Laos visa on arrival.
1. Filling up Application form for arrival visa. You can get the form on your arrival or if you want to save waiting time then you can download the form and fill it before your arrival time, to download the Lao Application form for arrival visa click picture below.
There are 4 Airports in Laos that you can obtain Lao visa on arrival.
1. Wattay International Airport in Vientiane Capital.
2. Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang Province.
3. Pakse International Airport in Pakse.
4. Savannakhet International Airport in Savannakhet Province.
Border check points
China – Laos
Thailand – Laos
Vietnam – Laos
Cambodia – Laos
1. Dong Calor(Cambodia) – Veun Kham (Champasak Province, Laos)
At the moment, Laos immigration department does not have any official regulation about making visa on arrival, so to make Laos visa, we give you the solution which is accepted by Laos Governement as following:
So our website does not provide Laos Visa on arrival service until Laos Governmenthas new regulation to issue visa on arrival online for tourists. For Vietnam visa, you can make visa on arrival online, you can visit this website to know more information: www.VietnamVisaOnline.Net
The list of countries which are exempt from Laos visa
|No||List of Visa Exemption||Diplomatic Passport||Service Passport||Ordinary Passport|
|Countries||Visa exemption||Visa exemption||Visa exemption|
|1||Brazil||90 days||90 days||Require|
|2||Brunei Darussalam||14 days||14 days||14 days|
|3||Cambodia||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|4||China||30 days||30 days||Require|
|5||Croatia||30 days||30 days||Require|
|6||Czech Republic||30 days||3o days||Require|
|7||Hungary||30 days||30 days||Require|
|8||India||30 days||30 days||Require|
|9||Indonesia||14 days||14 days||30 days|
|10||Japan||90 days||Require||15 days|
|11||Kazakhstan||30 days||30 days||Require|
|12||Kyrgyzstan||30 days||30 days||Require|
|14||Malaysia||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|15||Mongolia||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|16||Myanmar||30 days||30 days||14 days|
|17||North Korea||30 days||30 days||Require|
|18||Peru||90 days||90 days||Require|
|19||Poland||30 days||30 days||Require|
|20||Republic of Cuba||30 days||30 days||Require|
|21||Republic of Korea||30 days||30 days||15 days|
|22||Royal of Thailand||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|23||Russia Federal||30 days||30 days||15 days|
|24||Singapore||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|25||Slovakia||30 days||30 days||Require|
|27||Tajikistan||30 days||30 days||Require|
|28||The Philippines||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|29||Timor-Leste||30 days||30 days||Require|
|30||Turkmenistan||30 days||30 days||Require|
|31||Ukraine||30 days||30 days||Require|
|32||Uzbekistan||30 days||30 days||Require|
|33||Vietnam||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|34||Yugoslavia||30 days||30 days||Require|
People who have following nationalities can use Laos Visa on arrival:
For unlimited nationalities to Laos, they can flight to Laos international airport, and then the immigration officers will get visa stamp and allow them to enter Laos.
|Malta||Albania||Antigua and Barbuda||Brunei||Australia|
|San Marino||Croatia||El Salvador||Korea, North||Samoa|
|Serbia||Cyprus||Grenada||Korea, South||Solomon Islands|
|Slovenia||Bosnia and||Saint Vincent and||Laos||Papua New|
|United Kingdom||Georgia||Nicaragua||Russian Federation|
|Liechtenstein||Greece||Saint Kitts and Nevis||Tajikistan|
|Macedonia||Ireland||Trinidad and Tobago||Uzbekistan|
Most nationalities require a visa to enter Laos. Exceptions are listed below :
– Citizens of the following countries may enter Laos for 30 days without a visa: Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam
– Citizens of Brunei may enter Laos for 14 days without a visa.
Types of Tourist Visa
– Single-Entry Visas. Visas issued from the embassy are valid for 30 days and must be used within 3 months of being issued; visas issued on arrival are valid 15 days.
– Multiple-Entry Visas. To get a multiple entry visa, visitors must apply for a business visa, after entering the country on a normal visa. Business visas are valid from 3 months up to 1 year. Additional surcharges may apply.
Methods of Applying for a Visa
There are two methods of applying for a visa from Laos: applying through an Embassy of Laos and applying for visa on arrival.
Applying For A Visa On Arrival
Available Entry Points Visa on arrival is available at all entry points except for Nam Heuang Bridge and Veun Kham.
Validity 15 days after date of entry. Visa extensions are available for up to 15 days, but must be applied for in Vientiane through a travel agency.
1. Passport (valid for at least 6 months with at least two pages available for the visa and the stamps)
2. Two recent passport photos
3. USD in cash
4. Visa application form (available upon arrival)
Procedures and Processing Time on Arrival in Laos
Submit the passport together with the photo, application and fee to the visa counter on arrival. Processing time may vary, but is approximately 10-40 minutes.
Applying For A Visa From A Laos Embassy
1. Passport (valid for at least 6 months with at least two pages available for the visa stamp)
2. Two recent passport photos
3. Two visa application forms
4. Visa application fee (please contact your nearest Laos Embassy for current visa fees)
Procedure and Processing Time for Obtaining a Visa
Please contact your nearest Laos Embassy for the exact procedures and processing times, as they may vary.
Procedure and Processing Time on Arrival in Laos
Processing time varies depending on the point of entry, but is on average about 30 minutes.
* All visa information subject to change*
COST OF VISA ARRANGEMENT & FEES
There are two separated costs – Visa approval letter & Visa stamp fees
Our arrangement fee for getting the Visa Approval Letter is USD 45 per person including services and fax communications. We require pre-payment before we start visa processing, and kindly note that it is non-refundable if you change your mind not to obtain it later.
This fee has to paid separately and additional to the Embassy (or to the Immigration) for issuing the visa stamp.
In Bangkok, Thailand – 300 Baht (US$per person to Embassy
In other countries – between USD 12-16 per person to Embassy
Upon arrival at Airport/Bridge or Border points in Laos: USD 50 per person to Immigration
Note: If you have booked the package tour with us, the costs of visa approval and visa stamp fee are already included, except the one issues upon arrival.
You can stay up to 15 days after entry. One visa extension for another 15 days in Laos is possible.
Please note that you have to utilize the Laos visa within 2 months from the issued date, otherwise, it is expired.